I am on a mission.
All my life I’ve been creating new recipes.
Recipes of me.
Less of this.
More of that.
What flavor do you want? I will make it for you.
I’ve lived with the very real fear that when I am who I am, I will not be wanted.
I was whatever was wanted of me.
“Who you are is nothing more than the choice you make in the next moment”
I wanted to be free.
Free to be me.
“Did I have the right?” I wondered.
The right to change who you knew me to be?
The right to be who I am and not who I created for your comfort?
What if you didn’t like me?
What if you didn’t want me?
Was I brave enough to risk the loss?
I had to be.
You must love me as I am.
All of me.
As you should.
As we all should.
Love people as they are.
If not then the loss is not mine.
I WILL NOT SHRINK FOR YOU!!
Recipes are meant for the kitchen.
That is where mine will stay.
New juicer in hand.
New juicing guidebook read and re-read.
Produce selections made.
I am on a mission.
My first juice:
- 5 Kale leaves: Contains Vitamins A & C and anti-cancer nutrients. Very clensing, immune-boosting, skin-healing, bone-building.*
- 2 red Beets: One of the most clensing, blood-boosting, tonic-like juices. Apparently, can dye your urine so’s don’t freak out.*
- 2 Granny Smith Apples: Detoxifying, lowers cholesterol, great for digestion, good for improving skin conditions.*
- 3 stalks Celery: Very clensing and is a diuretic which helps eliminate excess fluid from the body.*
- 1 small Cantaloupe: Contains Vitamin C and is a diuretic which helps eliminate excess fluid from the body.*
The flavor: The “soily” flavor of the beets was the main flavor with a hint of Granny Smith and a light salty, celery after flavor.
Scores high for energy, detox, immunity, digestion, and skin.*
*Reference: The Big Book of Juices and Smoothies (which I adore).
My mind is clear.
My voice is strong.
My heart is full.
I am who I am
Who is not too much.