I can hear the pitter pat of rain drops before I’m even out of bed. “Great!” I say to myself, “soon enough mama is going to get up, put on her shoes, put on my leash, and take me out in this!” It hardly seems fair that she gets to go potty in a special room and I get to go potty out in the rain.
What I really want to know is…what the heck are we going to do with the REST of the day??
oOo!! Looks like we’re making rope toys for me an’ Analaigh to play with. We LOVE rope toys. Mama must have a millionty dollars because whenever we use up one BAM another takes it’s place!!
(No, Rose, not a millionty dollars…it’s FREE!! Love, Mama)
Here is how we make them…
1) Lay out an old tee-shirt. The larger, the better
2) Cut off sleeves.
3) Cut shirt in 4 parts. I cut up the sides along the seam all the way to the collar and up the center (and back) to the collar.
4) Gather collar and hold in place for braiding. (By using the collar at one end, the rope is longer because only 1 knot is needed to end it)
5) Take left-most strand and moving over, under, over braid to end.
6) Secure end with a knot.
7) Send to Quality Control for inspection